To put it baldly..., ie If I may speak plainly, without trying to soften what I am saying...
直截了当地说吧....
She has always preferred people to call a spade a spade.
她一直喜欢直截了当。
He won't talk straight from the shoulder.
他说话从来不直截了当。
His approach was anything but subtle.
他的方式直截了当。
I always like to get to the point.
我总是愿意直截了当。
told me the truth flat out.
直截了当地告诉我真相
And I'm told she very plainly said"..."
“我听见她直截了当地讲”......
a square answer.
一个直截了当的答复
tell sB. flat
直截了当地告诉某人
Without beating around the bush
直截了当,不拐弯抹角
the direct way of speaking
直截了当的讲话方式
Don't equivocate with me I want a straight answer to a straight question!
别跟我绕弯子--我问的问题直截了当, 回答也要直截了当!
To put it bluntly, you're fired!
直截了当地说吧, 你被解雇了!
He told us in no uncertain terms not to come again.
他直截了当地告诉我们不要再来了。
I'm glad to hear him talking straight.
我高兴听到他直截了当地说话了。
Stop flannelling and give a straight answer!
别再兜圈子了, 直截了当地回答!
He rejected their invitation point-blank.
他直截了当地拒绝了他们 的邀请。
To speak bluntly, you are sure to fail.
直截了当地说,你一定失败。